Responsible to: Chief Officer
Responsible for: –
Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Salary: £13,195 per annum for 0.5FTE
Location: Langlee Complex, Galashiels
Contract: Fixed to 31st March 2021
YouthBorders is the network of voluntary and community-based youth
organisations in the Scottish Borders, supporting and promoting good quality
As a membership organisation, YouthBorders facilitates networking opportunities and events, and provides information and advice to voluntary and community-based youth organisations, their volunteers, trustees, youth workers, and other partners in the community. YouthBorders is recognised regionally as the strategic voice of third sector youth organisations and works closely with partners in the public sector to improve outcomes for young people.
Our vision is a voluntary and
community-based youth work sector which is connected, collaborative, respected,
and recognised; working together to improve the lives of young people in the
- To be the principle point of contact for YouthBorders members in relation
to their organisational development needs and governance support; and to
provide tailored support to individual members and to serve the needs of our
entire membership (approximately 35 organisations).
- To develop support materials and content, and provide opportunities which
meet the needs of our membership and which leads the way in innovation and
which enable our members to deliver high quality and sustainable youth work
opportunities for young people across the Scottish Borders.
- To support the Chief Officer and the board of trustees to implement, deliver and evaluate our Strategic Plan.
- To be the organisation’s lead for membership recruitment and retention, this will include, but is not limited to: the preparation of an annual membership pack; marketing YouthBorders at events and networks; the building and sustaining positive relationships with members and potential members.
- To actively engage, listen, understand and respond to members identified needs: specifically related to good governance, quality assurance, funding, workforce, and youth work practice.
- To develop evaluation and impact tools which upskill our membership, and are reflective of Scotland’s Youth Work Outcomes
- To work with our Business Support Officer to gather accurate data about the YouthBorders membership at regular intervals, and to monitor engagement with and from members on the range of YouthBorders members’ benefits on an ongoing basis.
- To evaluate the relationship and support that YouthBorders has with its membership, to exemplify good practice of our membership support, and to recommend improvements based on members’ experiences.
- To be informed of policy and legislative developments which impact on the third sector and youth work organisations, and to provide up to date information and opportunities to members based on their specific priorities, interests or strategic development plans
- To develop and make recommendations for new membership services and benefits which are in line with the YouthBorders purpose, objects and strategy.
- To support the Chief Officer through providing insight of the successes, strengths, and challenges that our Membership face, to ensure we can best represent our membership in strategic forums.
- To support YouthBorders to celebrate the achievements and work of our members, sharing good news locally, regionally and nationally.
must be made using the application form provided and submitted with a covering
Closing Date: Thursday 26th September at 12 noon. Interview Date: Week beginning 7th October