This workshop will explore the issue of body image and the impact it can have on young people.
- Increased knowledge & understanding of the issues young people face
- Increased awareness of the media’s role in dictating standards of attractiveness to society – how media images can affect an individual’s own feelings towards their own bodies and towards others
- How unattainable these standards can be for much of the population
- Explore positive and negative coping strategies (including eating disorders and self-harm)
- Increase your knowledge of where to access further help and support
This workshop can contribute to National Youth Work Outcomes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the training.